SAFETY PROTOCOLS DURING COVID19
At Sportball, the health and well-being of our children and families will always be our number one priority.
COVID-19 has presented new challenges; however, we remain committed to ensuring that our programs are SAFE. We realize that the road ahead is unknown. We will however always ensure that we follow best practices and that we listen, understand, learn and are BRAVE together!
Public health officials continue to provide best practices to ensure our health and safety.
As such, we have undertaken to update and improve all safety protocols and procedures associated with the delivery of Sportball programs. We will continue to adjust and follow best practices as more information becomes available to us.
We ask that you read through the following information so that you are aware of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety and health of our Sportball community.
- All coaches returning to Sportball must complete a course, reviewing best practices for health and safety as outlined by Public health officials and the Sportball Training Team.
- Coaches are expected to monitor their health for any covid19 symptoms before attending work.
- During the class, coaches will practice social distancing, as best as can be maintained.
- We coach very young children and establishing a two-metre distance will thus not always be possible.
- It is not clear how wearing masks may be mandated inside classrooms/gyms/activity rooms when coaching/teaching young children. We will continue to follow regulations and best practices.
- Before each class, coaches will review safety rules with children and will demonstrate how to create a safe distance during practice and play.
- Rules will be presented in a developmentally appropriate way so that children are not afraid and are able to understand best practices expected at Sportball.
Program Delivery & Equipment
- Hoops/cones/field paint or markers will be used to ensure children are distanced during instruction & skill practice time.
- Parent volunteers or teachers will be asked to support this if required in a program.
- Where equipment kits are not included in program fees, children will be given with their own equipment on arrival, to use throughout each class. (It is our goal moving forward for each child to have their own kit.)
- Sportball coaches will be responsible for distributing and collecting equipment throughout the class.
- Skills and games have been modified to maximize participant safety and to promote social distancing.
- Coaches will collect and sanitize Sportball provided equipment after each use.
Parents & Caregivers
We also ask that our Sportball parents and caregivers support us in our efforts to keep our children safe:
- If your children exhibit any symptoms of illness, please refrain from attending programs.
- Review your community policies regarding health, safety, and PPE (i.e. face masks) and prepare accordingly.
- Use the washroom before attending your Sportball program as facilities may not be accessible at your program location.
- Ensure that your children have washed their hands before participation. Please provide your own hand sanitizer. We do not know what allergies children may have.
- For Outdoor programs: When attending Sportball programs, we ask that ONLY one designated caregiver be present for the duration of the class to support your child when necessary. Please follow the instruction of your coach to understand where you are to sit during program time.
- Please always maintain two metres of social distance when visiting or attending Sportball programs. This is particularly important during arrival and dismissal.
We believe that our collective effort and commitment to these safety standards and practices will ensure that Sportball programs continue to be safe, fun, and enjoyable for all of us!
Welcome home Sportball families, welcome home!